Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 23

I am so exhausted today.  I think I did too much yesterday, not to mention I have another blister and it's a nasty one this time.  If my feet don't feel a lot better tomorrow, I might not hike and might spend the whole day in the gym or the pool.  We'll see.

Today I did the West Canyon hike which is a gravel road that runs parrellell to stop sign, and is longer, but has very little incline.  Then a big group of us walked all the way back to the ridge again.  All of us were dragging and all of our feet were killing us.

I have two more "made my day" moments.  The first happened yesterday on the stop sign hike.  When I was almost to the top, making great time, coming in right behind the fast ones, a guide ran by and high-fived me and said something like "Yea Sara...doing great...very close...as usual!!!"  Yay.  And then the other happened tonight.  There is a new person here this week that has been following my blog.  We finally got to meet tonight and she said she didn't even recognize me from my pic on here because my face has gotten so much skinnier and stuff.  WHOOO-HHOOO.

MBL - Tuesday in the enclave would be lovely.  I rather not do Monday since I'll be getting in at about midnight and be jet lagging and stuff.  I'll still work though.

I do the stop sign hike about 4 times a week, including the 2 official ones.  I usually always walk back from them.  The other hikes I've been on are Anostagi (sp?) Ridge, that one was cool with pretagraphs, Chuckawalla, that one can get hilly, but its a good hike, West Canyon, which is just a very basic hike, and Fern Gully which was such a hard hike but the most rewarding, it was so pretty.  I haven't done any other of the advanced hikes, so there are a lot I can't tell you about.

7:00 am - Breakfast
8:00 am - Hike
11:15 am - Walk back
12:30 pm - Lunch
1:30 pm - Lecture on mastering going home
2:30 pm - Pool
3:30 pm - Cardio intervals
4:30 pm - Body toning
5:30 pm - Dinner

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Tomato soup, and Tomato sandwhich
Dinner - Ostrich stew... you heard that right. Ostrich!!!!
Dessert - Chocolate dipped strawberries

Calories Consumed - 1150
Calories Burned - 4383
Calorie Deficit - 3233
Steps Walked - 30,976

7 comments:

  1. Ostrich stew!? Well...they sell it at Kroger so I guess it can't be TOO out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goin' Sara. My girlfriends don't want you to leave the ranch because they enjoy the blog so much every day! Maybe I could take up a collection!!! :-) Keep it up...see you soon.
    Maggie and Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Kiddin Ma. Sara will just have to blog from D.C. every day. ha.
    Amazing that it's almost time to come home sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another blister?!?! Your poor little feet. :( Not sure how I feel about the ostrich though...I still can't believe you are eating all this crazy stuff. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so inspirational to me. I don't go to FR until the end of May, but it sure helps to read about your journey ahead of time. Hey, are you sure you're doing your calories right? Are you taking into account the amount of calories your body burns just to keep you alive? You're probably burning way more than you're posting. Keep up the awesome work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ew...ostrich?! really? question...did you wave to the stop sign when you passed it today? was it still pouting after your conversation the other day? lol...hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Sara for letting me know a little about the hikes ~ it's great to know that there are so many choices. Keep up your great work ~ I'm very proud and inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete