Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 6

First off... Adam, Laura, Mom... I LOVE HUMMUS!!!  For lunch we had red pepper hummus and it was de-lic-ious.  Can you believe it, hummus and salmon all in one week!!


Today was the last day of the "work week" here.  We get tomorrow off.  Whew!  I really can't believe how fast the week went.  At the beginning of the week, I thought it would never end... I thought each day would never end.  Now, a whole week is gone.  We did the timed stop sign hike today and I shaved two minutes off my time!!  I just wanted to beat it, and I did.  Once you get to the top of the stop sign hike, you can either walk back down, or take a turn on a trail that overlooks the path you just walked.  I did that today and was glad I was able to see what I had just walked.  Not to mention, it's beautiful.  This pic is a view from that overlook.  While I was walking the overlook path, I saw this skeleton.  I don't know what it was, but I'm glad it couldn't follow me.


Our day ended after lunch today, and I took a long nap this afternoon.  Tonight a big group of us went bowling and it was a ton of fun.  We only bowled two games and at 9:30 we were all exhausted, that was the latest we'd been up all week.

Tonight was also the "graduation" for some of the people.  It was very touching when they passed the mic around and the people leaving and staying all shared a thought for the week and it was very emotional.

Sorry there isn't much more to report, today was a very quick and low key day.  There will be even less tomorrow, since I plan to sleep most of the day.  I'll let you know how that goes though :)

7:00 am - Breakfast
8:00 am - Hike
11:15 am - Stretch class
12:30 pm - Lunch
1:15 pm - ZZZZzzzzzzzz......
5:30 pm - Dinner/Graduation/Bowling

Breakfast - Granola cereal with almond milk and fruit
Lunch - Soup (forgot the name) with pita and hummus
Dinner - BBQ Chicken sandwich
Dessert - Chocolate dipped banana

Calories Consumed - 1200ish (I forgot to look)
Calories Burned - 3403
Calorie Deficit - 2203
Steps Walked - 19,696

4 comments:

  1. All of my friends are watching your blog everyday and we are so enthused that a bunch of us are going "mall-walking" next week!
    Keep it up. I'm so proud of you!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked! YOU LIKE HUMMUS?!?!?!?! This is a very proud moment for me. So salmon and hummus...now all we have to add is tofu...right? ha ha ha Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, sorry! LOVE AND MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Laura came strong with the Salmon and Hummus talk. Nice to see you're kickin' butt. Time will fly I'm sure, keep it goin. You've got a lot more push in you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skeleton is creeptacular!!!! Hummus is divine!

    ReplyDelete